There are two types of multiple-choice exams:
- Open-book where the candidates are allowed to use the following reference materials:
- A hard copy of the exam-related ISO standard
- Training course materials (accessed through PECB Exams app and/or printed)
- Any personal notes taken during the training course (accessed through PECB Exams app and/or printed)
- A hard copy dictionary
- Closed book, where candidates are not allowed to use anything but the exam paper and a pen for paper based, while for online, the exams are provided electronically via the PECB Exams application.
Note: Essay-type exams will be gradually transitioning to multiple-choice, open-book exams.